Destination Management Company - Rwanda
Welcome to Virunga Ecotours, where we are passionate about creating unforgettable eco travel experiences that embrace sustainable tourism trends. Our company was founded in 2017 with a commitment to improving the lives of local communities living on the fringes of Virunga massif.
We achieve this through tourism revenue sharing schemes, responsible and sustainable community-based tourism, conservation advocacy, and empowering communities through research and project financing.
To further our mission, we created our sister accommodation, Virunga Homestay, which offers short-term accommodation services to tourists. Located in the tranquil suburb of Musanze near the Volcanoes National Park, home to the famous endangered mountain gorillas, our homestay provides a unique opportunity to connect with nature and support the local community's sustainable development.
At Virunga Ecotours, we specialize in designing tours that showcase the natural wonders and cultural traditions of each destination, providing our guests with an unforgettable experience that celebrates the natural beauty and cultural diversity of our destinations. We work closely with local guides and partners to ensure that our tours are both educational and meaningful, creating opportunities for our guests to engage in sustainable tourism activities that connect them with nature, wildlife, and local communities.
We believe that responsible tourism is a powerful tool for conservation and community development, and we are committed to making a positive impact on the places we visit. By choosing to travel with us, you are not only assured of a sustainable and enjoyable trip, but you also contribute to the conservation of the natural and cultural heritage of our destinations and the sustainable development of poverty-stricken local communities.
Thank you for considering Virunga Ecotours for your adventure. We look forward to providing you with a unique and memorable experience while making a positive impact on the world around us.
Promote community based tourism and ecological diversity in Virunga massif area, advocating for nature and wildlife conservation with a focus on sustainable tourism and improving the livelihoods of the communities living on the Virunga massif adjacent.
Maximizing tourism revenue to enable local communities within Virunga Massif area to obtain their livelihoods from wildlife, manage their natural resources sustainably, and improve their collective wellbeing.
- Spiritual tours
- Traditional clothing tours
- Volunteer vacations and toursEcotourism photography tours
- Local hills hiking
- Local beer brewery experience (banana and sorghum beers)
- Traditional construction experience
- Marveling on the Rwandan lakes and rivers
- Cultural performance
- Agro tours
- Organic farming tours
- Cow milking in the local farm
- Welfare of dogs & experience
- Gastronomy tours
- Musanze city and its fringes tours
- Story telling by elders tours
- Kwita Izina event combined with Kurya ubunnyano practice
- Ubudehe tour
- Mount Mbwe hike combined with Twin Lakes
- Musanze markets visit tour
- Cow experience and farm visit at Ibere rya Bigogwe
- Tea plantation tour
- Mount Kigali Hiking Tour in Kigali
- Kanyinya hills hiking tour in Kigali
- Jali hiking tour in Kigali
- Exploring the Avian Treasures of Burera and Ruhondo
- Kabere Village Pottery Experience
- The Reconciliation Villages Tour
- Traditional medicine tourCOMMUNITY PROJECTS
- Other impactiful community-based projects
- One sheep per family project
- Promoting dog welfare in Virunga massif
- Gastronomy tours project
- Community food projects
- Training conservationists project
- Community watershed project
- Buffer crop farming project
- Community class project
- Modern agricultural programs
- Organic agro forestry
- Water conservation, harvesting and management community programs
- Promote gender equality and empower women
- Green gardens
- Environmental tree plant programs
- Bee keeping community programs
- Field study education programs
- Primate education programs