We are Lunfarda Travel, a sustainable and bespoke tour and experience operator based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Our main focus is in Buenos Aires, where we offer exclusive tours for Kids, Afro-Argentine and Jewish Heritage and many more experiences developed by us, and guided by our team of specialists and with an emphasis on sustainability.
We also operate select destinations in Argentina, like Patagonia, Mendoza or the Northwest of the country where we develop tailor-made itineraries with local experts.
"Explore all the main highlights of Buenos Aires in this full day tour. From Colonial times to Modernity, from charming latin neighborhoods to upscale French manors, dive head-first into the history, quirks and habits of the people of Buenos Aires: the porteños.
• Plaza de Mayo: the Cathedral of Buenos Aires, Casa Rosada (Presidential Palace), colonial city hall Cabildo.
• San Telmo: Dorrego Square, the San Telmo Market, Defensa Street, Minimal House and more.
• La Boca: Caminito street, the old port, immigrant tenements, Boca Juniors Stadium and more.
• Retiro and San Martín Square: the Anchorena Palace, Basilica of the Holy Sacrament and Kavanagh building.
• Alvear Avenue: home to Argentina's finest palaces. • The Recoleta Cemetery, including the mausoleum of Evita Perón.
• Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires highrise district.
Discover the complex history and identity of the Porteños as you learn about:
• The Spanish colonial origins of BA and the Independence of Argentina. San Martín, the hero.
• The immigrant era and how it made the modern day porteño.
• Culinary culture of Argentina. Try artisanal dulce de leche and local street food! • Popular Culture: Tango, Soccer, Lunfardo slang.
• Art + politics: Mafalda, Mothers of May Square, Evita Perón and Peronism, Benito Quinquela.
• The golden age of Argentina and its French-obsessed elite. • Stories of love and revenge that echo through time.
• Quirks and habits of the local porteños.
Leave a Reply