W H O W E A R E
Eighty Days is an accredited Yunus Social Business Company and Tokyo-based DMC founded in 2016. We aim to bolster the local economies of rural areas, protect and rejuvenate traditional cultures that are in danger of being lost, and bring overseas visitors to parts of Japan that we believe deserve more attention and appreciation than they’re currently receiving. While respecting the ideals of sustainable tourism, we specialize in providing high-end, off-the- beaten-path FIT tours from scratch, and have recently expanded into supporting school excursions and groups with special interests. Through our tours, we hope to connect adventurous visitors with local people eager to share their passion for their areas.
M I S S I O N S T A T E M E N T
- We envision a world in which tourism can promote positive change for both travellers coming from afar and the locals who welcome them.
- We aim to develop tourism in impoverished regions of Japan to help stimulate economic activity and promote exchange of culture and ideas.
- We’ll guide you through the beautiful yet rarely visited countryside of Japan where you will encounter wonderful traditions and culture that should never be lost.
- We offer a unique experience that will become story that you will talk about for the rest of your life.
O U R S T O R Y
Inspired & Passionate Travelers
As the world population reaches 7.6 billion, the problems brought forth by overpopulation are coming to a head. Meanwhile, economically advanced countries are experiencing declining populations and birth rates, with Japan standing at the forefront of this trend.
Japan’s ancient streetscapes and natural environment have managed to maintain their beauty to the present day by coexisting with their inhabitants. But this ancient coexistence is beginning to fray. The Japanese country side is now dotted with abandoned houses, and without young people to pass them down to, it’s cultural traditions face a crisis of succession.
At the same time as Japan’s population has continued to fall, the number of foreign tourists visiting Japan has increased five-fold in the last six years. We here at Eighty Days saw this as an opportunity to harness the power of Japan’s growing number of tourists to make a contribution to Japan’s regional revitalization efforts.
In 2017 we were accredited as a Yunus Social Business Company.
O U R S E R V I C E S
- Custom tours and experiences - we cover a wide range of customers from FIT to MICE and educational tours, as well as cover all 47 prefectures in Japan.
- Tour Guides - we can provide local and experienced tour guides across the country.
- Reservations and Logistical Services - provide assistance with reservations for accommodation, transfers and other bookings.
- Online Live Experiences - Immersive introductions to local areas and cultural activities in Japan through online live seminars.
A W A R D S
- First Place at the Yunus and You Social Business Design Contest (2017)
- Makuhari Messe Award at the Chiba Business Convention (2017)
- Accredited as a Yunus Social Business Company (2018)
- Awarded the Travelife Partner Sustainability Award (2020)
Leave a Reply