Throughout 2022, Italian Special Occasions DMC & Events worked on activities that can help them write a new narrative to #flipthescript and positively transform the events sector.
Being a small business has never deterred the group. They know that they cannot change the world alone, but if they start with themselves– to change their attitude, lifestyle and way of seeing things – they can create a chain effect with a massive impact. Everyone can make a difference towards sustainability!
That’s why Italian Special Occasions are Positive Impact Ambassadors and joined the Race To Zero campaign as soon as it started. Not only have they been reading many articles and case studies on how to plan events with lower emissions and less waste, but they have also been implementing practical steps to sustainably innovate our events, putting human connections at the heart of it all.
Here are some of the highlights of Italian Special Occasions’ sustainability journey plans for 2023:
1. “Less plastic, more education” is their campaign to reduce plastic during their events while helping needy children stay in school. The profits from the reusable water bottles they distribute to their event participants help fund the construction of an education centre in a rural village in Kenya. If you want to donate to this cause this Christmas, look at the GoFundMe Campaign for Victoria Sports Association.
2. They created a series of eco labs in Sicily revolving around crafts and nature. Their workshops enable participants, including children, to create art pieces with recycled materials and plant trees in an area destroyed in the 1960s. Their main base for these activities is Feudo San Pietro, a historic venue that is on course to become a “lung” for the local territory regarding knowledge, agriculture and heritage.
3. They conceived and applied an innovative workation formula centred on sustainability and well-being. Click here to read their practical case study.
4. They have continued working with their sister company Creative Italy to provide authentic leisure and corporate experiences through Italy’s artigiani. Click here to discover why some of the best team-building activities involve crafts with artisans!
5. Through their #BeyondItaly initiative, they propose unique experiences and hidden gems for all types of events and travels. Want an example? Discover three types of boutique tours here.
Why Italian Special Occasions?
They use their knowledge and expertise to guide their clients through the discovery of unveiled locations and local seasonal activities. They always ensure their events are created with a sustainable and attentive approach.
Their mission is to enable their clients to discover Italy’s culture and artistic heritage through authentic, tailored and off the beaten path events and experiences.
Their vision is to create original and memorable experiences and events.
MICE in Italy? Check out Italian Special Occasions now!
Author: Deb Davad